Thursday, December 6, 2007

Satellites

I really like satellites. It makes entry into the actual tournament itself cheaper and the table that you have to beat to get there is fishy for the most part. I just won a satellite to tonight Daily Double-B on FT.

Heres a hand that stacked me earlier today(ultra-uber-microstakes $.05/$.10): I'm in the big blind and dealt KK. Action is folded around and the SB limps. I raise to .40 and he calls. Here I'm thing suited connectors, any pocket pair, or 2 face cards. Flop comes 10-J-4 and SB leads out for $.50 and I raise to $2.5. He requests time and ends up calling. Turn brings a "7" for a board that looks 10-J-4-7. He checks to me and I bet 3 dollars, he instantly raises another dollar all in and I'm pot commited so i call. He shows 8-9 for the nut straight, and your boy MEMPHIS is drawing dead.

Thoughts? Impressions? I tried over-betting the flop so he would leave the hand before the draw hit. AHHHH its so frustrating. I have to get better at getting rid of big pocket pairs postflop.

Anyways, check out the daily double tonight.

No comments: