Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Mookie: Greedy Pirate

Let me start by saying this: WOW! The Mook, along with Buddy Dank Radio, was a whole lot of fun and I'm just glad I could be a part of it.

A few memorable hands:

Early in the tourney I double up with my Aces preflop vs. JJ.

Middle part of the tourney: I flop a flush with a gutshot straight-flush draw and catch it on the turn!

Hand for hand: I'm chip leader. I raise on the Button with 77. SB, my nemesis (explained later), re-raises for another 10K and I reluctantly lay it down. He shows 9-4o.

Final table (in my first mook ever!): I'm still chip leader. Small stack goes all-in preflop with JJ and hits the set on the flop to suckout on my pocket queens.

Final table [2]: The hand that finished me... I raise from MP with 8-10 and the button (nemesis) comes over the top. I call and the flop comes 9-J-Q for the flopped straight! 2 clubs on the board, I check and he pushes all in with his flush draw. I call and he catches the club on the river. DOH.


Overall, I felt like I played really well. I got cards at opportune times and took advantage of them. I plan on playing in the Mook again, and next time, hopefully making more of an impact at the final table!

6 comments:

surflexus said...

Nice job Memphis!!

NumbBono said...

Congratulations on the final table in your Mookie debut.

Look forward to seeing you in a few other blogger events.

Shrike said...

Good job. Look forward to playing with you in the future.

BamBam said...

Good job Memphis!

BWoP said...

Congrats on the final table. It was a tough one last night with all of the river madness.

MEMPHIS00 said...

Thanks to everyone who has come by and posted on my blog. The traffic is much appreciated.