Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Home game SNG

This past Sunday I played a 7 person tourney at a friends house, and after the SNGs I've been playing online I was confident with my chances to take the game down. Other than myself, my brother was the only person who didn't see close to every flop. With the crazy blind structures (we started with 1/2 blinds and had roughly 700 chips to start) I just sat back and waited for my cards. A few hands I remember:

I raised the pot preflop, bet the pot on the flop, the turn and the river with two over cards and pushed out the only person remaining with the river bet.


On a K-J-x board I flopped middle pair and bet the flop turn and river. The person called off their entire stack with Ace high.

After the rebuy period, I had an open ended straight draw/ flush draw and raised an EP raiser. He then folded and said "You don't play any hands so I'm sure you have it." The flop was K-2-4, I held 3-5s and flipped it over when he said that. Let's say he wasn't too pleased.

On the bubble I held rockets, raised it up on the CO and the BB (small stack) pushed his remaining chips in. His pocket 10s didn't improve and we were in the money and 2nd in chips!

When we got heads up, I was dominated in chips (about 7:1) and announced to my friend that "I never give up." First hand I was dealt J-8 in the BB and the bigstack just called. Flop came out JJx and I bet every street. When I filled up on the river, I went all-in and he didn't call.

I was dealt 10-4 in the BB. Flop came 10-2-2. I bet, he calls. Turn was a K, I bet he called. River was another 2. I bet, he raised me all-in, I called. He only had Ace high.
(at this point I was now ahead in chips roughly 4:1 and it was only 4 or 5 hands into heads up)

Very next hand I was dealt J-8 again and I called the BB. He pushed all-in pre flop with K-10. Flop came J-K-J. He didnt improve and I took it down!

Felt good to win, but what was better was that both Stein brothers placed in the money (I won my side-bet with my brother that I would do better than him)


Good stuff all around. Hopefully I'll make an appearance in the Mookie tonight. My brother is in town for this week and my sister is making the family dinner. I don't think we're sitting down until around 8pm EST so it might be a squeeze for time. I'll try to make it though.

No comments: