Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mitchell Report

So the Mitchell report is coming out tomorrow. What good is this report going to do? All it will do is tell us something we already know: Baseball players are on performance enhancing drugs. I won't limit it to steriods because HGH (human growth hormone) is also, evidently, widely used.

From what I understand there will be 60-100 current players named in the report. What names will bother you? Aside from my hometown heroes (Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Brett Myers), I would genuinely be upset if, say, Roger Clemens was named. Larry (Chipper) Jones. Mariano Rivera. Jim Thome. Ken Griffey Jr (although I think there is NO way Junior took steroids, his swing is too sweet, his problem with injuries, etc.).

Is there anyone, if named, that would bother you?

2 comments:

Chad C said...

Who cares, anyone WHO DIDN'T use roids when they weren't testing is an idiot IMO. I mean why wouldn't you if someone else would and steal your job?

jjok said...

welcome bud.....have fun with this.

I don't take much merit in the Mitchell report.....it's the fault of MLB that it has come to this. They didn't police, they deal with consequences.....

However, I def agree that there will be some broken hearts.....and that just plain sucks for baseball.