Friday, April 18, 2008

Baseball, Poker, Video Games, and Egg-salad

The name says it all. This is what the Friday night of a Jewish college student is like the day before Passover. So far today I've eaten all the bread-products I've been able to get my hands on. Potato chips. Sandwiches. Pita & hummus. The list goes on.

I was planning on making some egg salad tonight for dinner, but my dad called me to tell me that on his way home from work he would pick some up from StupidFresh. Honestly, I prefer homemade. Maybe its mixing it myself, or just the satisfaction of making something other than spaghetti or ramen noodles, but I prefer the egg salad that I make. Not this crappy store-bought type.

Phillies vs. Mets on right now. Who's pitching, you ask? Cole Hamels and Johan Santana. This is what baseball is all about. 2 dominant pitchers, in division-rivalry game, pitching well against good lineups. And I gotta say, as much as I love Cole Hamels, Santana is nasty! 9 strikeouts and 1 hit through 5 2/3.

I know you bloggers love your poker, but if you do happen to have an Xbox360, grab Call of Duty4. Good stuff.

Not good stuff is David Wright being 3-3 with a single, double, and triple with 2 RBI. Or the web gem Angel Pagan just had. We're headed to the top of the 7th, 2-0 Mets.

Update: Phils lose 6-4. BOOOOOOM! Oh wait, thats what every Mets fan that made the drive said.

Update: After some investigation I have figured out why I don't like store-bought egg salad (and by investigation I mean I read the label.) They put onions in it. And I HATE onions.

No comments: