Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Bankroll goal

I've read different blogs on here where people set goals for themselves for their bankroll. For example, Bill Ivey set a goal for himself to reach 100K in 100 days. My goal is not that lofty, obviously. I recently transferred some money to my brothers account, and earlier today, I cashed out all but $50 of my funds. In hindsight, maybe I should have left some more in the account, but I can always reload if I go busto.

I am doing this to prove to myself that I can build a bankroll through solid play at micro-stakes. I have been a consistent winner at these stakes, but I have inevitably made the tragic mistake of extending my bankroll too far, and when I have done this in the past, I have lost money. This has happened more than once, and every time it does, I kick myself for not learning from past mistakes.

So here is my goal: To reach $150 in my account by 3/1/2009. I am giving myself close to 45 days to make $100. I think this is a very achievable goal -- I only have to make $2.22 per day to reach this goal. Are you kidding me? If I do not do this, I may have to seriously consider what I am doing at a poker table in the first place.

So there it is. I will update regularly for those of you who care to check in on progress.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments: